Saturday, July 10, 2010

Genesis 12:1-4

“The Lord had said to Abram, “Leave your country, your people and your father’s household and go to the land I will show you.
“I will make you into a great nation and I will bless you.
I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing.
I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you.”
So Abram left, as the Lord had told him.”

If a friend asked me to jump off a bridge, I’d ask ‘why?’ and probably respond ‘heck no.’ but if God told me to jump off a bridge, my reaction should be something different. Considering I view God in a higher esteem than a friend. I’m no Abram, but if God wants me in China…

Abraham is one of my favorite people in the Bible. To even have the slightest amount of faith he had…
I don’t think my moving to China can be separated from my relationship with God. A comprehensive people pleasing answer to why I’m moving to China has often been ‘China’s where it’s at right now, and that’s where I want to develop my career.’ But honestly when it comes down to it…

I’ve prayed. I’ve listened. I’ve read. And I’ve decided. If God wants me in China, China, I’m coming.

It’s crazy, the moment I decided to stop my own planning, everything fell into place. The money, the visa, the approval, even the lack of fear. Perhaps, this comes off to some as a naïve decision, but if I crash and burn… I crash and burn, and will have learned something. Abraham would never have fathered the nations the way he did if he stayed put.

In a month, I’m taking off on a 19 day trip around Europe. I’m considering this my pre-career vacation. And then shortly after… I’m jumping.

There's many more thoughts on this matter. Consider this a pre-long post warning.



Why these two pictures? Life is like a marathon. Training is tough, the race isn't any easier, but the end is filled with the satisfaction of completing it. The marathon this year kicked my butt, but it only makes me want to work harder, train harder. Same goes for life.

Much Love.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Miwan, I'm so happy for you. But I'm more happy for God, that He gets to have a daughter like you who will trust Him and take big risks.

    ReplyDelete